- Identify and evaluate potential partners for small molecule products as per region Europe portfolio targets and pro-actively scout for new product opportunities in line with region Europe focus areas and strategy.
- Negotiate with potential 3rd party development, license and supply partners to execute on opportunities identified, optimizing deal type, timelines and other agreement conditions, to maximize deal value for region Europe and Sandoz globally.
- Ensure internal cross-functional deal alignment and due diligence in line with applicable internal policies and guidelines, involving all relevant stakeholders (e.g. Commercial Operations, Regulatory, Quality, Legal, Intellectual Property, Novartis TechOps, Finance, etc.)
- Develop business cases and communication for management approval of deals.
- Track and provide regular reporting on activities under responsibility in line with established reporting policies and manager’s requests.
- If assigned responsibility for a therapeutic area, collaborate closely with the relevant regional portfolio and franchise counterparts to ensure business development activities are aligned and executed according to the therapeutic area strategy.
- If assigned and applicable, provide comprehensive status overview of country-relevant Business Development activities to the country management team and Head BD Europe.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business development and licensing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry (ideally internationally)
- Strong financial modelling and valuations skills and in-depth understanding of main financial valuation methods
- Strong hands-on approach combined with business acumen and strategic thinking
- Strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Proven people management and cross-functional project leadership skills
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Region Europe’s key country languages (German, French, Italian, Polish, Russian) – advantageous