Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Define and execute elaborated regional sales expansion plans (5Y Strategic Plan) for active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and / or finished dosage forms (FDF) based on in-depth knowledge of the market place (business and pricing environment, customers, competing supply chains etc.).
- Ensure established sales targets for assigned regions are being achieved and take corrective action where required (including revising strategies, country coverage, product portfolio etc.).
- Manage and nurture existing customer relationships to safeguard/expand current business base and acquire new customers to develop additional business.
- Identify systematically new business opportunities, prepare elaborated business cases for management endorsement and negotiate/close attractive deals secured by binding term sheets and supply contracts.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (portfolio, supply chain, launch management, regulatory support, customer service etc.) for alignment and execution of sales plans.
- Apply business practices that are consistent and compliant with Novartis policies and company procedures.
- Monitor performance of regional sales activities using key metrics and regularly present results as well as business strategies and outlooks to key executives in B2B.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 1st degree in life sciences or business related subject equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience within the pharmaceutical industry with a proven track record in business-to-business sales management.
- A detailed understanding of the principles underpinning the pharmaceutical industry including regulatory and business environments.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and high-energy team player with excellent business acumen, strategic thinking ability and strong sales experience.
- Fluent English, German is an advantage.
- Excellent negotiator with effective presentation and communication abilities
- Proven sales excellence with strong beliefs in ownership, accountability, ethics and transparency
- Thrives in dynamic business environments and proficient at meeting or exceeding targets. Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills